POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) implementation
The cost incurred when a company implements changes to comply with acts such as the POPI act and GDPR need to be in line with the benefits otherwise there will be resistance, and the implementation process will be drawn out. In fact, there is always a good chance that many companies will do nothing until a breach occurs and then they will try to do some form of reputation damage control or spend large amounts of money in legal fees trying to defend themselves to save their business.
We don’t like to lead our conversations with a scare tactic. Instead, we will look at what actions can be taken right now to help companies MANAGE and REDUCE print and copy costs, improve staff productivity and by default make your company compliant with the various legislation.
Implementing a Print Management Software, such as Safecom or Print Director, ensures that you have absolute control over what documents are produced within your organization. We make use of LDAP or Active Directory so people that are not a part of your domain cannot make use of your MFP’s. A full audit trail is always available, in the comprehensive reporting, which can give you the name of a document, the date and time that it was produced and by who it was produced.
Let’s look at how it makes business sense:
- Follow-Me printing: staff have the freedom to release their print jobs at any company MFP, so if the default device is busy or faulty simply go to another MFP, enter a PIN or Swipe an access card and the print job is released.
- Secure Release: users have to be at the device to release a print job, this reduces unwanted jobs from lying on the MFP which reduces print costs.
- Easy to install: Safecom and Print Director are installed on the network then we are able to roll out an “Agent” to the PC’s via logon scripts.
- Rules: setting rules such as limiting colour, double sided printing, and routing documents to the most cost effective device, will reduce your print costs.
- Internal Cost Allocation: a single click on a departmental report allows a central administrator to recover costs from the department and not necessarily have to have 1 device per department. Now, departments can share MFP’s which is a cost saving on unnecessary hardware.
Whilst compliance is essential, we believe that a Print Management Software will pay for itself through the savings and improved productivity it offers.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org